- The Ansford Learning Partnership
- Ofsted & School performance
- Safeguarding children
- Special Educational Needs
- School Governors
- The Governor's Blog!
- Governor meeting attendance
- Pupil Premium Funding
- Sports Funding Grant
- British Values
- Who's who
- Prospectus & Handbook
- Equality Objectives
Sports Funding Grant
Sports Funding Grant 2016-2017
Making best use of the additional funding provided by the government is really important if we are going to enhance and develop PE and sport further still in our school.
The aims of this funding in schools is to:
- increase in participation rates and success in competitive school sports
- ensure an inclusive curriculum
- develop the range of provision and opportunities for alternative sporting activities
- improve and embed partnership work on physical education with other schools and other local partners
- link with other subjects that contribute to pupils’ overall achievement and their greater social, spiritual, moral and cultural skills
- develop a greater awareness amongst pupils about the dangers of obesity, smoking and other such activities that undermine pupils’ health.
How are we spending the grant this year?
One and a half days per week of specialist sports coaching to provide:
- specialist support to teachers through team teaching to develop staff expertise
- outdoor education/ team building education for individual cohorts
- additional sessions for more able children
- sports teaching to individual cohorts over the academic year
- practice and preparation for competitive teams
Ansford Learning Partnership Sport, which provides:
- competitive tournaments, which give access to a wide range of sports
- festivals for all children, across all year groups
- CPD support for all teachers and some support staff
- Play leader training for children and staff
Additional club support, which will:
- continue to encourage a wide range of children to access extra-curricular sporting activities
- increase the participation of girls in extra-curricular sports
- provide specialist coaching to develop our able sports people and enhance their skills further
School nurse support:
Half termly visits from School Nurse to support Health Related Education & work with parents
Provision of life-saving training for our more able swimmers:
Our most able swimmers will have access to life saving training, as they are already exceeding the stated requirements of the national curriculum.
Provision of coach transport to sports festivals:
Funding will be provided for transport to sports festivals at Ansford Academy, ensuring that all children are able to access a wider range of sporting opportunities, without requiring parents to pay for transport.
Provision of playground equipment:
A small amount of the sports funding budget will be used to add to our equipment to encourage active and energetic play, with a focus on improving gross motor skills through play.
Total funding allocated this year: £8577